This training course is delivered as part of the Institute of Fundraising’s Academy for professional development and learning.
Next course date: 8th March 2017
Aim of course:
To equip new or aspiring managers with the tools, techniques and resources to manage and grow Legacy income by developing a clear and practical strategy
By the end of the course learners will be able:
- To develop a highly focused programme based on clear objectives
- To analyse and assess the current and future legacy marketplace
- To understand the major influences affecting current and future legacy givers
- To gain the support of internal audiences (trustees and staff)
- To prioritise the best prospects and develop target-specific communications
- To assess the risks and benefits of each method of communication
- To develop a plan focused on prospect action
- To cultivate and steward prospects
- To evaluate success
This course is aimed at people who have been working in Legacy Fundraising for a year plus (part time at least). The course includes content related to people management and therefore learners should either be new managers or aspiring to a managerial role within the legacy fundraising field. Learners should also be confident that they will be able to demonstrate all skills and knowledge covered in the Certificate qualification.